DON'T FORGET TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE TO GET AN E-MAIL EACH TIME I UPDATE THE BLOG!!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tulum

Wes and I enjoyed a trip to Tulum at the beginning of the month.  We joined our friends Brian and Kirsten to celebrate Kirsten's birthday in style.  Our last visit there was 6 years ago, and a lot has changed.  The restaurants are AMAZING!  We stayed at Mi Amor, a modern boutique hotel with a gorgeous view.





  The beach in front of Mi Amor was rocky but we were a 2 minute walk from a sandy beach.  Unico,  the hotel restaurant, was delicious.  Every place in town had a juice menu and I had to snap pictures so I can duplicate them at home...delicious!!!  Just down the road, we ate Thai food at Mezzanine.  Another win.







We did the obligatory tour of the ruins and spent a morning snorkeling in Dos Ojos, a popular cenote.    Unfortunately, I don't have an underwater case for my phone so I couldn't take pics.






We headed to Playa for our last night for a change of scenery.  We stayed at La Paz, a cute little condo with a beautiful courtyard.  The beach was across the street.







One of our favorite bars in Playa, with a gorgeous bougainvillea vine.



I think Wes has more pictures on his phone.  I'll have to upload those another day.

No comments: