DON'T FORGET TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE TO GET AN E-MAIL EACH TIME I UPDATE THE BLOG!!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

getting crafty

Here are some crafty things I've been up to lately.  Julie, remember these pictures I bought when Emma was a baby?????  I found them when I was unpacking a box and decided to put them in the kids bathroom.  The frames are white and I decided a nice bright yellow would look better.



One more coat tomorrow and I'll reveal the finished product.  Hope it looks good.

My other craft project is recovering the princess table and chairs in Stella's room.  Our night nanny Sandra gave the girls this table for Christmas and I think it was their favorite gift!!!  I found some green fabric I ordered a year ago to put in the back of a dresser and decided to give it a whirl.  It took me over an hour to do one chair last night.  Staple gun staples were too long, a regular stapler was too puny but with a little bit of duct tape, I made it happen.



 Using the iron Lynda gave me for the second time EVER!!!


Hoping to knock out the second chair tomorrow and the table this weekend.  Kinda cute, huh??  I was thinking the hour and a half I spent on this project was a waste of time when I could buy a new Ikea table and chairs but when Reese saw it, she had the funniest reaction.  She put the two chairs side by side, then sat in the new one and kept saying "I like it, I like it, I like it!"  Then she took it all around the room.   To the lego tables to build, to the kitchen to cook and back to the table to do a puzzle.  Made my morning!!!

My third craft project is some towel hooks for the kids bathroom.  The towels in that room are yellow and turquoise (thus the yellow for the picture frames) so I went with the turquoise shade for these hooks.

Before:


Primed:


And I'll show you the after at my next post.  Still needs another coat..

Lastly, our deck is DONE and the railing looks brand new.  Worth the wait.  And we have these awesome shades along the back of the house that the previous owners installed.  The sun rises in the backyard and heats up the kitchen/living room quickly.  So these shades are making all the difference.



They are on a timer and come down automatically around 8:00.  Love them!!!

And we think we had progress on the car situation today.  Wes had the car towed to another car shop and when they contacted AllState, they were told the car was already totaled.  Wes talked to a different agent (Agent Number 4 or 5) and she was much more helpful than the others.  Looks like we are closer to moving forward with the car totaled.  We will see!!  I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to set up physical therapy to make sure all my neck and upper back pain is taken care of.   OK, that's it for tonight. 

No comments: