DON'T FORGET TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE TO GET AN E-MAIL EACH TIME I UPDATE THE BLOG!!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

car trouble and decorating

So most of you got my email about my car accident but for those who didn't:

I was driving to the doctor about a bad bee sting reaction when a horrible driver decided to turn left in front of me while I was going 50 mph.  I can't believe we both walked away without major injuries.  I have some serious whiplash that has gotten worse by the hour.  Chris hogan picked me up from the accident and took me home.  I'm so so thankful none of the kids were with me.  I made it to the dr in the afternoon and got some good drugs.  Wes came home from California early.  Glad Lynda was here to hold down the fort until he got home.   Oh, and I'll be driving a mini-van for the next few weeks.  Don't laugh too hard.  Here's a pic I snapped before they towed my car.



Traffic was shut down both directions on the 2nd day of school.  Oopsie!!


I originally was going to the doctor about a bee sting I got on Sunday.  Reese and I went to Sunday morning meeting while Kaitlyn kept Stella and Drake.  Then we ran errands.


Getting back into the car, I felt a sting on my arm.   Never saw the bee but wow, did it hurt.  I haven't been stung in over 20 years.  And that reaction was quite bad!!  I remember going up to Chester pool looking like the elephant man.  Here are the progressive pics of my current bee sting:

5 minutes after, not too bad


5 hours later, a hard welt about 6 inches across



Today, hard welt is still there with a bruise in the center.

So the doctor gave me an epi-pen for future stings that are above the chest so my throat and face don't swell.  And as long as this one doesn't get infected, Benadryl and Cortisone should do the trick.

But let's get to the important stuff.  The house!!!  Here are some improvements made this week.

We have a pantry door!!!  No more barricading the food supply with boxes so Reese doesn't eat herself silly.


And see those cherry tomatoes and plant in the foreground?  Those came from the garden next door and taste like candy.  Wes and I will have to take gardening lessons from her.

Here's the half bath downstairs getting some color from some Marshall's prints that used to hang in Stella's bathroom.  Can't see from this picture but they are bold colors.  



The kids on their playset.  If we go out first thing in the morning, we beat the heat.



Here's another tour of Stella's room/playroom.  







Sneezing is funny.  This one is a few weeks old but so cute.



No comments: