DON'T FORGET TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE TO GET AN E-MAIL EACH TIME I UPDATE THE BLOG!!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's cold outside

Winter is back in full force.  Supposed to get to 30 degrees tonight, 25 degrees tomorrow night.  Brrrrr!!!  Makes me realize we need those new windows sooner than later.  Stella's room gets colder than the other rooms upstairs.  Closing the vents in the other rooms hasn't solved the problem yet.  Might need to get a portable heater for her until the windows are replaced.  That should happen in February.

We have a few other house projects going on.  I had the carpenter over yesterday to plan out my library!!!  Here is a picture of my painter's tape version (with some masking tape mixed in since I ran out of blue tape).




I'm copying these shelves below I found on a remodeling website.    They are best described as floating shelves.  They will be stained dark like the picture, but my wall color will be lighter behind the shelves.  And there won't be a dog next to mine:)  Can't wait to unpack my books and picture frames to display them!!!!!!!!!  These will be done before our Christmas company comes, which makes me super happy.  I feel like our house is finally decorated instead of an empty canvas. 



My last project to try and finish before the new year is the wall of paintings/pictures from our travels that will go on this wall in the sitting room off the kitchen.  I need to print out a few 8 x 10 pictures of our travels, frame them and then decide on a layout before I start hammering nails. 

Here's the blank wall.





No comments: