DON'T FORGET TO ENTER YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS ABOVE TO GET AN E-MAIL EACH TIME I UPDATE THE BLOG!!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

odds and ends

We are getting LOTS of use out of our back deck.  When it's just me and the kiddos and it's a little difficult to lug all 3 downstairs to the backyard, I just lock all the gates and let them loose on the deck.  Here's a picture I took while washing dishes - Reese is building with her Legos on the back table.





Speaking of the back deck, I've decided to get this hot tub up and running since the cooler weather is here.  I drained it after I took a water sample to Leslie's Pool Supply and they shook their head at me.  He threw around words like "hospital" and "staph infection" and that was all it took to convince me to drain it and start over.





I took out all the filters, head rests and other parts that I can soak in a chlorine solution overnight.



And then I got to work!!!    Vinegar, baking soda, a few rags and lots of lots of elbow grease.   Looks pretty good, huh?




I will fill it tomorrow morning and I have a spa guy coming at noon to walk me through the system.  Maybe Saturday night we will get a nice soak once all the chemicals are balanced!!


No comments: